Evaluation of my work so far.




Overall my work for this project has went considerably well . I think I was able to keep my original objectives of informing and exploring ways of  transferring the research I find out about the period into comic form, channeling my response through the characters and narrative and   providing gentle engagement for my audience,  and encouraging self study and research into topics which spark their interest by using likable characters which they engage with and an interesting narrative that keeps them entertained and curious.The series has also lent itself to a teaching implement for people as some people who I have been discussing the project with have engaged and wanted to explore the comic as I have been creating it and have followed it as it has progressed so far. 
People have started to show interest in the Comic as I have uploaded it over the last week , subscribing to it and commenting on the general look of the comic such as  "Great looking comic . I really like how you do the shading and textures. ".
 The  project has proven to be a fun and interesting way for the audience to connect to a bygone era through my characters and narrative  and has been quite an enriching experience for me as I have found out a good working method.  explored new comic layouts and new artists and then experimented with compostion, tone and  both digital and traditional art again ( I had been drifting away from traditional for a while and was able to go back to my watercolour and ink for this project and edit digitally. ) and my drawing technique has improved greatly since I began to develop the characters and landscape at the beginning of the project.
After some consideration on weather to publish this  short story "barnes caper " as a stand alone comic or as a collective once I have completed the rest of the stories , I have decided to opt for the latter and publish the comic as one book of short stories of LUPI's investigations and so I have began to publish my completed pages onto a webcomic format. I figured that a lot of my personal promotion will be web based as this with generate a more geographically diverse audience and allows readers who are interested in both comics and the subject matter to look at the comic online . Once the comic begins to build a following , then I can start to decide on how to publish and distribute my Comic. Online is probably the best option but because I also go to a lot of Cons  there is a possibility of me renting out a table to sell my comic and provide prints and artwork for fans of the comic.

When attending the London Book Fair this year and talking to Tony Bennett, Founder of "Knockabout Comics" I was able to get some pointers on this option and he advised me after looking at my comic roughs and  some final pages that my best option would be to get a fan base for it online and to attend Cons. He also provided me with some names of publishers which might be able to help me once my comic is ready to be published and I have kept in touch with them for submissions advice etc.

Overall I am pleased with my outcome and hope to keep this project going as a long term ongoing series which in the near future would serve to be published and distributed to fulfil its agenda of connecting people with a bygone era .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far, I have about 7-8 pages fully coloured and edited, they need some work with light touch ups of colour but I have uploaded them to gauge reactions to the comic and so far there has been a little bit of positive feedback in the form of people visiting the comic page and liking and reblogging the images I have uploaded , there seems to be some interest in it after only a few days online which I am optimistic will grow as the comic progresses .














These are the images which I have yet to complete but hope to over the course of the new few days in order to get this story completed. 




    


                                     




No comments:

Post a Comment